This week I'm reading The Big Book Of Spy Stuff by Bart King. Believe it or not, I actually have a few thank you's to give before I write about this awesome book! My first thank you goes to Ms. Kobs for letting me go to the Oregon Writing Festival. Bart King was there, along with his books, so I got one. My second thank you goes to Bart King himself for being SO funny and for writing such awesome books. Now, I must continue on in my reflection.
To me, the answer to the question, "Why are you reading what you are reading?", is obvious. It's because Bart King has a really funny voice in his writing and that makes it way more interesting (also actually talking to him made it even more realistic). Also, I think that my voice is very similar to his so I could actually relate to the book better. This is not a book that you want to abandon. The main reason that I did not abandon this book is that I love spying and I am really interested in it (and hilarious writing!). I have gotten lots of things out of this book. The most obvious one is how to be a spy, so I won't list that. One not so obvious thing that I got out of this book is how to be a better writer. I think that Bart King is a fabulous model for me as a writer. Another thing that I got out of it was spy history. It's kind of like getting a behind the scenes tour of a movie, "Unrevealed: Spies". Last of all, I got "Helpful Learning Tools" (for spies). Overall, reading is something that we can get something out of every minute of our lives. I usually get overloaded with learning experiences, great reads and an occasional evil plan out of the books I read. Although, what I think that you really get out of reading is something bigger than our brain can control, something that stirs up our imagination, something...........
Phew! All that's done! Now on to the next dreary assignment....let's see spelling, math...Wait! I can use my super spy techniques to get out of this!!!...........OH!!! DID I FORGET TO RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Lilly exclaimed in horror).
Bart King's books are so funny!!! I have his pocket book of pranks. Ha Ha Ha !!!!
ReplyDeletesigning off
Sandstorm
And bwa ha ha.
ReplyDelete